To visit the museum, please see our Visitor Information page.
The collection includes:
- Fine Art
- Ukrainian regional & diasporic textiles
- Pysanky, wood carvings, ceramics & toys
- Religious Artifacts
STEP Student Employment Opportunity
Receptionist/Tour Guide/Office Administrator
The Ukrainian Museum of Canada, Alberta Branch is currently seeking a full-time Receptionist/Tour Guide/Office Administrator for the period May to August 2018. This position allows the individual to work closely with the museum collection and the public. We are recruiting a mature individual capable of performing a variety of functions related to the day to day operations of the museum including receiving visitors to the museum, conducting tours, acting as receptionist, conducting research supporting cataloguing of artifacts, and other activities as required. The position requires an individual who is proactive, a quick learner, takes initiative and possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as receptionist during hours of operation—9:30 – 4:30, Monday to Friday
- Conduct tours of museum exhibits for visitors
- Operate Gift Shop
- Conduct research for exhibits
- Assist in mounting exhibits
- Assist cataloguer in researching museum artifacts
- Update museum website as required
- Operate Facebook (entries and responses)
- Report regularly to museum board and keep a log of work accomplished
- Perform other administrative duties as required
- Post-secondary education (currently registered in a post-secondary program)
- Canadian citizen
- Strong computer skills and ability to use a digital camera
- Experience with list and database management desirable
- Experience working in cultural management an asset
- Proficiency in Ukrainian language (written and oral)
- General knowledge of Ukrainian Canadian history, Ukrainian folk culture and understanding of Ukrainian heritage communities and be able to connect visitors with Ukrainian heritage and stories
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills able to work with a broad range of people
Friday, April 20. 2018
Please contact Elaine V. Harasymiw, President, UCM AB with your resume and references. For further information regarding this position, you may phone same at 780–437-6629 or e-mail at Elainelvh@shaw.ca.
UMCAB Attains Recognized Museum Accreditation
Ukrainian Museum of Canada, Alberta Branch (UMCAB) is proud to announce that it is the latest institution in Alberta to receive the Recognized Museum designation from the Alberta Museums Association (AMA).
This designation demonstrates that UMCAB is committed to maintaining standards of professional practice and to ensuring that it plays a strong and important role within the community.
UMCAB voluntarily participated in the Recognized Museum Program offered by the AMA, which involved providing evidence to a panel of museum professionals that demonstrated how the institution meets the AMA’s definition of a Museum.
Visitors to UMCAB can now look for the easily recognizable Recognized Museum logo, which identifies the institutions in the province that offer a quality museum experience.